The HGANJ board of directors is comprised of a President, President-Elect, Past-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and two At-Large Members
President: Alejandra M Gomez MS LCGC
Term: January 2020 - January 2022
· Chair the HGANJ meetings
· Create an agenda for the general membership meetings
· Review the minutes from each meeting as provided by the Secretary and act on any items from the minutes that require attention
· Work with the Secretary to send the minutes and meeting reminders/agendas to the general membership ideally 2 weeks prior to each scheduled meeting
· Keep in contact with the Board of Directors and standing committee chairs between meetings as needed
· Assist/participate in standing committees as needed
· Work with the Secretary to coordinate membership meetings (make sure there is a speaker and a case presentation, lunch has been ordered, the room and AV equipment have been reserved, etc.)
· Will serve on the Board of Directors as Past-President for a 2 year term
President- Elect: Jill Fischer
Voted in September 2019 Term : January 2020- January 2022
· Observe the current President in preparation for taking on this role
· Fill in for the President at his/her request at HGANJ meetings or other functions
· Assist the President and participate in standing committees
Past-President: Darius Adams, M.D.
Term: January 2020-January 2022
Secretary- Lauren Sferrazza, MS LGC
Voted in May 2021 Term: September 2021- May 2023
· Record minutes during Board of Directors and general membership meetings
· Type minutes and distribute to Board members and general members at next meeting
· Type agenda for distribution at meetings
· Keep membership list current and photocopy to bring for distribution at meetings.
· Record attendance
· Present new membership applications during Board of Directors and general membership meetings
· E-mail members meeting information and other messages as requested by the membership
· Print signs for meetings
· Answer e-mails sent to website
· Send thank-you notes and honoraria to speakers
Treasurer- Sarah Nashed, MS LGC
Voted in May 2021 Term: September 2021 - September 2023
· Maintain an updated list of members who paid membership dues and/or CEU fees
· Maintain accounting log of account balance
· Issue checks for honoraria, food expenses, or any other expenses accrued by the organization
· Complete an online annual tax report and pay fees to the Division of Revenue, Business Support Services Bureau for the State of NJ Dept. of Treasurer
· Encourage/remind membership to pay annual dues
· Present a treasury report during the Board of Directors and general membership meetings
Members-At-Large: Jessica Joins, MGC, CGC & Francesca Spinosi, MS LGC
Voted in September 2019 Term: January 2020- January 2022
The Member-At-Large is a representative of the general membership. His/her role and responsibilities may vary/evolve based on the current activities and needs of the organization and specific interests of the member, but may include the following:
· Participate in committee work best suited to interest/availability/expertise.
· Be available for ad hoc committees such as nominating committees.
· Be available to fill in for other board members at a meeting (i.e. Secretary).
· Help with website and CEU survey management.