Genetic Counselor- St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center - Full Time * Paterson, NJ
St. Joseph’s Health is recognized for the expertise and compassion of its highly skilled and responsive teams. The combined efforts of the organization’s outstanding physicians, superb nurses, and dedicated clinical and professional staff have made us one of the most highly respected healthcare organizations in the state, the largest employer in Passaic County, and one of the nation’s “100 Best Places to Work in Health Care”.
As a key member of our team, you will provide clinical consultation to patients regarding occurrence of and risk for birth defects, mental retardation and inherited disorders. In addition, you will provide genetic education to medical and genetic counseling staff, and analyze patient needs using current knowledge of genetic science and technology.
Consulting patients on risks, appropriate testing, and communication of test results
Collecting patient medical information from diverse sources
Reporting testing, referral and psychosocial needs of patients to medical geneticist and referring physician
Participating in the evaluation of pediatric and adult patients and documenting clear family and medical histories
Providing genetic education to resident physicians, genetic counseling students, medical professionals and community groups
Supervising genetic counseling interns in a clinical training rotation
Performing other related functions as needed
To qualify, you must have a Masters’ Degree in Genetic Counseling, Human Genetics or related field, 2-3 years of genetic counseling experience, and preferably ABGC Certification. Superior analytical skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment, attention to detail, and problem resolution will also be expected, as will the ability to contribute to team meeting discussions/projects and take part in projects associated with the accomplishment of outcomes that will help improve patient care. Strong consultation skills including the identification of risks, offering of appropriate testing, communicating test results, and writing summary reports are all essential. Strong customer service, oral/written communication, organizational and decision-making skills are required.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a dynamic work atmosphere. For immediate consideration, please apply online at:
St. Joseph’s Health
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Genetic Counselor – MSK Monmouth
The genes we are born with may contribute to our risk of developing certain types of cancer. The Clinical
Genetics Service at MSK helps individuals to understand their risk for disease. We offer state of the art
genetic counseling and testing, and can assist individuals (affected or unaffected) and families who are at
risk for inherited cancer predispositions to make informed medical decisions.
We are seeking a Genetic Counselor at our location in Middletown, NJ to deliver information,
counseling and support to patients with a personal history and/or a family history of cancer. This position
involves analyzing pedigrees for possible cancer predisposition syndromes, assessing risk for specific
types of cancer, interpreting information, coordinating genetic testing, identifying at-risk family members,
reviewing available options for prevention and surveillance and making appropriate referrals.
• Passionate about the use of genetic research and its benefits.
• Stay abreast of new studies and genetics-related websites (including apps).
• Adept at communication with patients.
• Analyze patient histories.
• Provide genetic testing.
• Perform genetic risk calculations.
• Educate families about potential health risks.
• Help patients to cope with a diagnosis.
• A Master's degree in Human Genetics.
• ABGC Board Eligibility or Board Certification.
Please submit a cover letter with your application.
Cooper University Health Care
William G. Rohrer Cancer Genetics Program
Genetic Counselor Certified
Job ID# 48026
Start date: 3/1/2020 or later
Status: Full time
Location: MDA Cancer Center at Cooper, 2 Cooper Plaza, Camden NJ 08103
Scheduled Days / Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am-5p
Education: Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited program.
Experience: 2 years experience in Cancer Genetics or related field preferred.
Required License/Certifications/ Registration: ABGC or ABMG genetic counselor
certification (or active candidate status) and New Jersey state genetic counselor license (or
eligible to apply)
Cooper University Health Care, a leading provider of comprehensive health services, medical
education, and clinical research in South Jersey, has an exceptional opportunity for a Genetic
The Genetic Counselor should have a Master’s degree in genetic counseling from an accredited
program or a degree in human genetics from an ABGC accredited training program. It is
preferred that candidates have at least 2 years’ experience in a cancer genetics related field but
recent graduates will also be considered. Candidates should have certification or active
candidate status for ABGC or ABMG certification and NJ state genetic counseling license or be
eligible to apply. In addition, candidates should have a strong knowledge base in cancer
genetics, be highly motivated, have strong critical-thinking, organizational and communication
skills, and be able to work well independently and collaboratively.
This Genetic Counselor will:
• Coordinate and perform all services provided through the Cancer Genetics Program.
• Perform all aspects of hereditary cancer risk counseling.
• Coordinate genetic testing for various hereditary cancer syndromes.
• Provide education to referring physicians and the community at large about hereditary
PENN Medicine Virtua Cancer Program
Join the cancer genetics team at the Penn Medicine Virtua Cancer Program in South Jersey. Interested applicants should contact Bridget LeGrazie by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 856-247-7379.
Virtua Health Cancer Genetics Program is hiring for the following positions:
· 1 Full Time Board Certified Genetic Counselor Program Manager, Start Date 2/17/20 or later, Location: Voorhees Health and Wellness Building and Samson Cancer Center Moorestown, NJ
· 1 Full Time Board Certified Genetic Counselor, Start Date 3/1/20 or later, Location: Samson Cancer Center Moorestown, NJ
· 1 Per Diem Board Certified Genetic Counselor, Start Date 2/1/20 or later, Location: Voorhees Health and Wellness Building and Samson Cancer Center Moorestown, NJ
Required Education: Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited program (will consider candidates graduating in Spring 2020)
Experience: experience in Cancer Genetics and Cardiology Genetics preferred. In addition, for manager position, 2 years or more of management experience preferred.
Required License/Certifications: ABGC or ABMG genetic counselor certification (or active candidate status) and New Jersey state genetic counselor license (or eligible to apply)
Sema4 Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Women’s Health (Remote NYC area)
Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis™, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
Sema4 is currently searching for an experienced and talented Medical Science Liaison (MSL) for our Women’s Health team to assist in driving incremental sales revenue on our Women’s Health team. The ideal candidate will be joining a rapidly expanding sales team focused on improving health through genomic medicine. The MSL will serve as a scientific and clinical expert/specialist between Sema4 and Health Care Professionals. The MSL will work closely with the sales organization to provide clinical education to current and potential customers and act as a clinical resource to these groups via face-to-face interactions, presentations and electronic communications. This position will report to Sema4’s Senior Director of Clinical Support, Education & Training.
• Work within a diverse team to provide educational support to providers, payers, and advocates on products and genetic testing offered through Sema4.
• Act as a liaison to internal genetic counselors and the field.
• Serve as an expert resource on Sema4 genetic testing solutions and associated disease states and provide educational support for the field sales team and other internal partners.
• Actively assess and provide guidance surrounding practice workflow needs.
• Work with contacts outside of the company, including health care providers, investigators and collaborators, influential clinicians, KOL and advisory boards, as appropriate.
• Provide support to Marketing for the development of multi-channel medical educational activities and tools including speaker programs, slide decks CME events, on-line educational events, etc. and clinical education and training for internal sales staff.
• Maintain current knowledge of clinical advancements in the relevant scientific space by continuing education through literature review, journal clubs, and conference attendance.
• Be engaged in and contribute to scheduled business planning meetings, sales pipeline meetings, sales training events, and other company meetings, as requested.
• Contribute to a positive team dynamic of high-energy collaboration, operational excellence and results focus.
• Offer cross-functional support for field and laboratory-based needs.
• PhD or Master's Degree in Genetic Counseling required
• ABGC/ABMG Board Certified/Eligible
• Minimum 3-5 years of clinical/sales experience with proficiency in hereditary cancer required
• Experience working with industry desired
• Approximately 50% travel / telecommuting position
• Ideal home base in greater New York/New Jersey area